Liaison Engineering Lead - Fabrication | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Jun-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- We are currently looking for a Liaison Engineering Lead – Fabrication to join our team based in Osborn, South Australia.
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a new opportunity as a Liaison Engineering Lead – Fabrication within our Hunter Business based in Osborne, SA.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
This is a key role within our Maritime Australia program, where you will contribute to the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) in the design and build of nine anti-submarine warfare frigates for the Royal Australian Navy.
As a Senior Ship Liaison Engineering Lead, you will be act as one of the team leads for our ship liaison engineering teams, who are the primary conduit between production and design engineering. You will utilise your experience in shipbuilding, in particular primary structure fabrication and construction, to ensure the liaison engineering teams delivers assistance to production interpreting the Hunter Class Frigate design and design intent, assist Stage 1 and Stage 2 with developing solutions to issues identified during production and providing guidance to design engineering on manufacturability of designs.
In more specific terms you will:
- Provide engineering and production experience with respects to primary structure fabrication and construction into the development or modification of the Hunter Class Frigate.
- Act as an engineering technical liaison between Design Engineering & Production.
- Represent and where necessarily defend the position and decisions of the engineering leadership in production forums.
- Provide professional engineering technical and operational support that is accurate, safe, on-time and on-budget to support project activities.
- Ensure any in-production modifications are captured in company change management systems.
- Lead a team of ship liaison engineers.
- Train others and be self-competent in using HCF core engineering tools (FORAN, Windchill, AVEVA ERM, DIPS, CMPIC, etc).
- Use the engineering tools above to carry out queries, investigations, planning to assist operations work on HCF.
- Development and/or maintenance of liaison engineering processes, procedures and toolsets.
- Regularly assess project task status against agreed timescales and report performance to Team Leader or designated personnel.
- Assist the Stage 2 and Stage 3 Engineering Managers in setting and executing functional strategy.
- Ensure continuous improvement of team technical capability to ensure high quality output.
- Actively challenge current work standards and develop process documents /plans for consideration by manager for process improvements.
- Actively seek to develop non-technical skill areas including Leadership, communication, and project management via a self-development plan.
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience within a production engineering, field engineering or liaison engineering environment.
- Demonstrated practical and extensive knowledge of primary steel fabrication and construction in a shipbuilding defence environment.
- Demonstrated professional integrity, advanced level of technical knowledge, objectivity, acceptance of responsibility, maturity of judgement.
- Significant experience in an appropriate Engineering Discipline.
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Merissa Matthews – Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.