Surveillance Systems Technical Specialist | SA-RAAF Edinburgh
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Nationally significant work in a long term engineered defence project
- Flexible rotating roster over well balanced program
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Surveillance Systems Technical Specialist within our Battlespace Surveillance Centre (BSC).
This role offers the ability to explore technical faults in-depth offering various opportunities for career growth and diversification.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As a Surveillance Systems Technical Specialist you will be responsible for ensuring the operational availability of ICT and engineering systems in support of the RAAF surveillance capabilities. The role will see you working twelve hour shifts across a shift pattern which encompasses day and nights working less than half the days in a calendar year.
As a Surveillance Systems Technical Specialist you will:
- Support ICT and technical systems in order to maintain the Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) and other relevant surveillance systems.
- Perform basic network administration functions utilising the Red Hat operating system.
- Assist in system level fault-finding including the management of faults and liaising between the customer, field technicians and engineering teams.
- Perform inspections and conduct preventative maintenance to ensure availability of ICT systems, emergency backup power and cooling systems.
- Ensuring documentation of all faults and maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with engineering procedures.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Broad technical IT experience in multiple areas including networking, systems admin.
- Experience in administering Red Hat Linux operating system is highly desirable
- Experience in network troubleshooting including switching and routing
- Experience in RF or radar systems
- Currently holds a Negative Vetting 2 security clearance and may be expected to apply for Positive Vetting
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond, Talent Acquisition Team and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au