Welder | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have a new opportunity as a Steel Worker within our Production Team based in Osborne South Australia
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
The position is responsible supporting the Structural Supervision in delivering Projects/area outputs within a manufacturing environment in accordance with the developed plan. This position will be required to undertake production activities and tasks for specific projects. It will ensure all activities associated with the manufacture, production and assembly of components are produced in the most cost effective way whilst maintaining an efficient use of resources and meeting all safety, design, quality and budget requirements
General role requirements:
- Undertake Tasks and Duties as directed by Production Supervision and/or Trades Trainer within bounds of current competence
- Maintain records of tasks undertaken and duties assigned.
- Attend and complete relevant on‐the‐job training as required (e.g. On boarding, Inductions, Safety training, Mandatory training and task specific training).
- Interface with other members of the Operations team.
- Strive to continuously improve team work, processes and effectiveness in the work area.
- Strive for Zero Harm.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Cert 3 Trade Qualifications
- Flux core welding experience
- Must be confident in positional welding
- Ability to read drawings
- Experience working in a production environment
- Construction Industry White Card
- Experience with Robotic Welding highly regarded
- Relevant High Risk licenses
- Metal core welding experience desirable
- Submerged arc welding experience desirable
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Peter Smith Talent Engagement Specialist and made online here.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits