Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) Advisor | NSW-Wagga Wagga
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jun-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Ongoing career development and interesting work
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a key role for a SHE (Safety, Health & Environmental) Advisor based at our NSW, Wagga Wagga offices.
You will also have the flexible opportunity to work from home on occasions.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
In this role you will support the line of business through the provision of specialist advice, support and knowledge of SHE principles and practices to continually improve safety, health and environment performance and meet legal obligations.
This opportunity will see you:
- Participate, collaborate and consult with teams to ensure they are engaged and aligned to SHE strategic priorities, and have the right tools to do their job, confidence and ability to manage safe, health and environmental obligations and risks.
- Support the implementation, review and continual development of BAE Systems safety management system including risk assessments, safety work method statements (SWMS), risk registers, and facilitate training.
- Manage site safety, health and environmental event response and reporting procedures concerning significant hazards, injuries, incidents to ensure accurate and timely response and data analysis.
- Facilitate the development of key learnings from local incidents and hazards and ensure they are communicated through the SHE Business Partner to enhance the organisations learning culture.
- Participate in compliance assurance activities in line with the SHE Strategy and business improvement plans to verify and validate the integrity of SHE risk controls.
- Support the maintenance and administration of the SHE risk register for the line of business or region.
As an ideal applicant for this role, you'll have:
- Australian Citizenship, eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
- Previous experience in SHE in a similar role in a large and complex organisation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks and governance requirements.
- Management of safety, health and environment in a high risk work environment (i.e. mining, construction, manufacturing).
- WHS Diploma, Tertiary Qualification in Safety or related discipline (Desired).
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.