Cyber Security Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY:
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to design and deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
An opportunity now exists for a seasoned Cyber Security Engineer to demonstrate their technical expertise and make a valuable contribution within our Maritime business on the Hunter Class Frigate Program. This interesting position will report to the Cyber Security Lead and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as cyber security primary point of contact and provide coaching, advice and support to stakeholders on cyber security related matters and processes
- Define and review cyber security requirements, security architecture and security risk assessments throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Produce and maintain cyber security documentation to support achieving accreditation of the systems and networks
- Perform cyber security assessments and provide advice on complex ICT security concepts
- Support cyber security working groups with stakeholders, including HCFP Engineers, suppliers and members of the Australian Defence security team
- Lead the development and management of product security requirements and design including regulatory and statutory requirements
- Collaborate effectively and build good relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve cyber security practices
- Cyber security engineering experience
- An understanding of Systems Engineering methodology including knowledge of systems engineering tools and techniques
- Experience in development of cyber/product security risk assessments
- Self-starter, good problem solving and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
Whilst not essential, a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification or a similar, will be highly regarded.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.