Planning Systems Lead | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Primavera, Cobra & AVEVA go-to person for all things Systems lead for Adelaide's largest defence program
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity as a Planning Systems Lead within our Maritime Australia based in Osborne, South Australia.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
As the Planning Systems Lead you will report into the Project Planning & Controls Manager within the Project Delivery Office (PDO) leading the activity and development maintenance of the planning systems architecture and programme alignment via reporting and BCR process whist proactively engaging with the wider stakeholder community of the Hunter Class Program and the Commonwealth.
You'll be the mastermind behind the program's planning and development. You'll be the go-to person for all things P6, Oracle, SAP, AVEVA & Cobra, and will be responsible for maintaining the program's baselines and ensuring smooth implementation of re-baselines. You'll also be the expert in processing actuals, Month end process/reporting, Schedule health & critical path analysis. You'll be the program's planning sounding board, saving the day one system improvement at a time.
In more specific terms you will:
- Revamp the project controls software architecture by mapping out the system and data interfaces
- Collaborate closely with IM&T representatives to prioritize and expedite fault resolution, ensuring seamless project flow
- Be the go-to person for planning and project controls practitioners, providing top-notch technical assistance
- Troubleshoot planning system issues and performance problems with ease, ensuring smooth operations
- Leverage your expertise to resolve system integration and interface problems, improving interface stability and reliability
- Maximize system effectiveness by providing valuable input into system architecture and design
- Lead the charge in testing and verifying system patches, enhancements, version changes, and upgrades
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience administrating Primavera, AVEVA, Cobra & BI Dashboards will be highly regarded
- Complex program experience in a planning or project controls role within a maritime / shipbuilding environment will be highly regarded
- Solid understanding of ship construction
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- Thorough understanding of planning, scheduling and project controls standards and practices is essential
- Flexibility to work with both Australia and UK based stakeholder teams and time zones.
- An existing Australian Defence Security Clearance or the ability to meet the application requirements.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Monique Marshall – Talent Acquisition and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.