Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our BIS Strategic Surveillance Business Unit based at Edinburgh Parks reporting to the Receive and Signal Processing Systems Team Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight.
The JORN Phase 6 development program is leveraging new and advanced technology to significantly upgrade and enhance Australia's world leading Over-The-Horizon Radar capability. This represents one of the few major Defence projects that is fully designed, developed and delivered within Australia, by Australians.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
Your future career opportunities will include expanding your experience across the design and development of BAE Systems' adjacent products and projects including radar, electronics, ICT, EW, manufacturing and naval applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform system engineering activities including system design & analysis, requirements change management, integration and verification
- Work on design aspects for a range of radar, software, hardware, assemblies and subsystem elements
- Perform analysis to help understand and assess performance at different levels of the system
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to maintain the JORN Surveillance Subsystem architecture and design
- Engineer using a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology utilising a range of modern design tools and practices
- Work within a large team of systems engineers, liaising with engineers and teams across different disciplines and products
- Support system installation, site trials, verification and validation activities
- Hardware/electronics or software/ICT understanding
- A University degree level engineering qualification, preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Defence security clearance, or eligibility to obtain
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au