Application Support Analyst | NSW-Williamtown
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Support and maintain some of Australia's most sophisticated aircraft maintenance software
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Application Support Analyst within our Defence Delivery Function. Our key sites are Pearce in WA, Williamtown in NSW and Adelaide with significant flexibility to accommodate other locations across Australia for the right candidate.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
- BAE Systems Australia offers a hybrid working arrangement and a 9 day fortnight option which is a great opportunity to support flexible working
Your new role:
As the Application Support Analyst you will provide support to the business application used for aircraft maintenance, supply and procurement. This will include technical and functional software product support, maintenance and development to provide a cost effective solution to the business.
More specifically, you will be accountable for:
- Managing the service of customers via Jira Service Desk queues and maintaining the appropriate SLAs for Incidents (Major and Otherwise), Requests, Problems and Changes
- Provide level one, two and three support to end users of the application
- Execution of Run & Maintain work utilising the Agile Scrum methodology or alternate method to be agreed by Manager
- Participate in project delivery, including assisting in the creation of low level designs, as requested by your Manager
- Management and maintenance of Run and Maintain activities including System Monitoring, Health Checks, Patching, Updates and System Upgrades.
- Proactively identify, analyse and resolve problems to optimise systems and minimise risk, document workarounds and implement changes as and when required
- Understand and adhere to Release and Change Management policies and procedures for implementing changes
- Proactively identify inefficient processes and procedures, propose and implement improvements including creating/updating procedures and processes
- Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with stakeholders, provide progress reports and remove roadblocks to enable task execution
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot software applications in an IM&T environment
- Previous experience supporting business applications and infrastructure
- A proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, with a strong customer service ethos
- Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with customers, team members and suppliers
- Ability to assess situations and provide assistance to the team and customers where required
- Ability to prioritise and complete multiple tasks
- Proficiency in SQL Scripting and data manipulation
- Knowledge of business process in Procurement, Supply chain, Inventory, and Asset Management domains will be highly regarded
- The eligibility to secure and retain Defence Industry clearance i.e. NV1
- Ability to show initiative while demonstrating an organised and motivated approach to work
- Ability to manage own workload through using a helpdesk system to manage and record results
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Calvin Ebenezer - Talent Acquisition Specialist – IM&T and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au