Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical | QLD-Home
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Dec-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Join an organisation that is leading the way in defence
- Position based in Williamtown, NSW.
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have exciting Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical opportunities within our Aerospace team in Williamtown, NSW
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible to the Team Leader or Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) to carry out tasks as directed, including scheduled servicing and other unscheduled maintenance
- Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation or data used during maintenance is authorised for use and complies with the requirements of the business maintenance management plan, BAE Systems procedures and governing regulations
- Correctly and promptly record details of work performed on the correct documents, and if required, to gain certification of the performance of such work in the required timeframes
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering advice, defect reporting, maintenance deficiencies and publication amendments are incorporated as directed
- Report to the Team Leader or Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability's as they arise
- Carry out maintenance only to the delegated and authorised level
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed
- Ensure workshop equipment is maintained and operating in the correct manner in accordance with authorised technical data
- Ensure hangar and/or Workshop duties are performed as required by local business operating manuals, procedures and policies
- Will need to be prepare to support flight operations in deployed areas
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- A Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical)
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a workshop or hangar environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline”
- An understanding of Australian Defence Force aircraft maintenance regulations, process and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within a fast paced and strong team environment
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits. To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au. We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would like to hear from you.
Please ensure you submit an updated copy of your resume and provide any supporting documentation i.e. relevant qualification(s) and training, to your application. We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant, however due to high volumes of recruitment at the moment, please allow 1-2 weeks for us to respond to your application.
Applicants must be current Australian Citizens to apply for this position and ideally hold a security clearance or have the ability to obtain this clearance. Please note: you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for a security clearance. In addition to this, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, candidate nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.