Senior Commercial Advisor | NSW-Garden Island
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Perfect opportunity to join the Defence industry
- Enjoy interesting work, variety, development and flexibility within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a rewarding opportunity to join us as a Senior Commercial Advisor within our Maritime Sustainment line of business. You will be supporting our Commercial Function working on projects that support the sustainment and capability enhancement activities to the Australian Navy's Destroyer Class ships. Not only do you get to be part of this high profile strategic project, you will also be working with a great team and have access to our flexibility options. This role will be based out of our Garden Island Sydney site.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for supporting with commercial activities and services to meet business needs of the Project team.
More specifically, you will
- Manage contract activities including negotiation of contract change and management of claims, with minimal supervision
- Be responsible for delivery of commercial interface with Procurement/Supply Chain and flow-down of commercial contract requirements
- Provide support to all Contract and Bid Status Reviews to justify, explain and clear ongoing commercial contract activities
- Be responsible for ensuring that contract activity is undertaken in accordance with BAE Systems Australia Operational Framework including Life Cycle Management and Request for Bid Approval
- Draft moderately complex contracts / agreements with little supervision
- Be responsible for delivery of commercial budgets and explaining both under-spends and over-spends to senior commercial management
- Provide support to all commercial agreements to support team activity
- Hold responsibility for day to day management of contracts within employing commercial area of relevant BAE Systems Australia businesses
- Ensure that the businesses financial and commercial exposures are addressed through appropriate commercial contract frameworks such as export controls, finance, product safety (including insurance) and intellectual property rights
- Undertake Contract interface with customers
- Be responsible for all commercial aspects of business winning
- Hold responsibility for preparation of Commercial Management Plans and Negotiating Strategies to contribute to negotiating teams
- Stand in for the Commercial Manager during absences and manage junior staff
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of commercial skills and the commercial role
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organisation skills, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision and guidance and using their own experience, judgement and initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, including the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and from a range of disciplines
- A capability to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with Customers and Stakeholders
- Have the skill to lead or support moderately complex negotiations
- Hold current Baseline (or higher) Government Security Clearance (Desirable)
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Jody Harmer, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.