Software Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2023|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of Defence technology
- Opportunity to join Australia's largest Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Software Engineer within the NULKA Software team at Richmond - Victoria.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our team.
As a Software Engineer, you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
Within our NULKA software team, you'll have an opportunity to work on areas such as mission-critical and safety-critical software development, UX design and development, and hands-on laboratory-based integration and testing, whilst utilising systems and software engineering best practices. We have a growing team with the opportunity to constantly learn and carve out your niche in an area that interests you.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard programming languages such as C, C++ and Python.
- Hands on experience working in Linux or Windows software development environments
- Familiarity with object design, programming concepts and best practices, and computer hardware and architecture
- Willingness to actively participate in an Agile Scrum development environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Ben Woodrow Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au