Hardware Engineering Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Hardware Engineering Team Lead within our highly motivated Battlespace Integrated Solutions based at our Head Office in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the OPPORTUNITY
For decades JORN - a network of three over the horizon radars - has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia's greatest defence triumphs.
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible - World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
You will be accountable for the design, development and test of almost twenty distinct hardware products. These are primarily electronic/electrical products within the requisite subsystems, and have varying levels of complexity.
You will manage numerous product teams against technical, schedule and cost goals.
Reporting to Surveillance Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members and workload
- Derive product requirements, define the test requirements and participate in associated design reviews
- Develop hardware candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Work alongside the Production team to ensure the right products are built on time
- Test the products and undertake analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop finalised product detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Manage and report against the teams' work programmes including analysis of risk
- Work within the engineering frameworks set out by engineering management, capability developers and domain experts
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical and or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Significant experience within the hardware engineering discipline
- Experience in being responsible for the development of electronic/electrical equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of hardware solutions, its integration, validation, qualification testing and delivery and support
- Team leadership experience with the ability to coach, develop and inspire a technical team
- Familiarity with control/cost account management and project scheduling
- Ability to negotiate and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.