Electronics/Communications Technician | WA-Laverton
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Opportunity to work on the state of the art Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systemswe are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting FIFO opportunity as Electronics/Communications Technician within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in WA-Laverton.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the sustainment and upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
As part of our Fly-in Fly-out team you will fly to the site from Perth airport and work in shifts of 15 days on (including 2 travel days) and 13 days off. During your 15 days on you will be provided with accommodation, meals and travel.
As a technician on the JORN project, you will work within a technical team operating and maintaining technical equipment on a continuing shift rotation, supporting new and existing equipment in a Defence operational environment.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Lead you will:
- Be responsible to the Site Maintenance Lead for the ongoing support and performance of all equipment at site
- Carry out technical support for the radar and associated systems in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Management Plan and other subordinate documents
- Perform planned maintenance and operational level activities
- Carry out rectification of deficiencies and defects within the site systems
- Complete all fault reporting requirements
- Analyse alarm information and systems data to diagnose performance and fault events
- Use test equipment to carry out diagnostic and performance testing. Perform any other duties as directed by the Site Leads
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Technician qualification and demonstrated experience in RF systems with desirable experience in two or more other disciplines such as – computer (Linux, UNIX, Windows), analogue, control, digital control systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and maintain effective relationships across all levels
- Experience using a Computer Maintenance Management System or the ability to quickly learn the use of such a system for fault recording and fault data analysis
- Computer literacy skills with the ability to analyse and interpret complex data or maintenance information
- Good communication skills and proven ability in technical writing skills
- Adaptability to a changing environment with good change management skills
- Good problem skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with competing priorities
- Demonstrated and clear understanding of WHS responsibilities and requirements
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.