Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics) | QLD-Home
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Dec-2023|
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Be part of the next generation of defence capability delivery
- Position Based in Pearce, WA.
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have exciting Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Avionics opportunities within our Aerospace program based at the RAAF Base Pearce, WA.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible to the Team Leader or Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) to carry out tasks as directed, including scheduled servicing and other unscheduled maintenance
- Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation or data used during maintenance is authorised for use and complies with the requirements of the business maintenance management plan, BAE Systems procedures and governing regulations
- Correctly and promptly record details of work performed on the correct documents, and if required, to gain certification of the performance of such work in the required timeframes
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering advice, defect reporting, maintenance deficiencies and publication amendments are incorporated as directed
- Report to the Team Leader or Support Team Leader (or relevant leader) all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability's as they arise
- Carry out maintenance only to the delegated and authorised level
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed
- Ensure workshop equipment is maintained and operating in the correct manner in accordance with authorised technical data
- Ensure hangar and/or Workshop duties are performed as required by local business operating manuals, procedures and policies
- Will need to be prepare to support flight operations in deployed areas
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- A Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics)
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a workshop or hangar environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline”
- An understanding of Australian Defence Force aircraft maintenance regulations, process and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within a fast paced and strong team environment
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
A Defence security clearance is required for these roles. Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Trades, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.