1st Class Machinist | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2023|
1st Class Machinist
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st Class Machinist to join our Red Ochre Unit based at Edinburgh Parks, reporting to the Mechanical Operations Team Leader.
Advanced Manufacturing has won multiple large long-term contracts. We are seeking applicants for an experienced 1st Class CNC Machinist who is capable with manual machining, and with fitting experience to join the night shift team. As the 1st CNC Class Machinist, you will receive four weeks' annual leave, RDOs, uniform, access to on site canteen, all in the comfort of a temperature controlled working environment. Shares after one year of service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for computer numerical control (CNC) machining tasks associated with defence requirements
- Undertake CNC component machining who is flexible across a range of CNC machines on various defence projects to meet scheduled requirements.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering systems and defect reporting are incorporated for traceability
- Liaise with BAE Systems' Quality staff to ensure compliance with project quality requirements
- Comply with BAE Systems Safety, Health and Environment procedures with the requirements of the BAE Systems' Quality systems as they relate to respective areas of activity
- Alert the organisation to potential or known problems that affect the quality of BAE Systems' products and services
- Provide input and offering recommendations for the improvement of company processes and procedures
- Validate parts as they are manufactured
- A Mechanical trade certificate
- CNC machining experience
- Manual Machining and Fitting experience (preferred)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline” and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- A strong team focus and a can do attitude
- The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- The availability to work from 11.30pm until 7.30am Sunday-Thursday (night shift)
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.