Pipe Welder | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2024|
Pipe Welders - Fabricators afternoon shift
All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work on a project of national significance
Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have new opportunities for Pipe Welders based in Osborne South Australia
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of value
Your new role:
- Ensure that services delivered are in accordance with the Manufacturing Plan.
- Daily interaction with all other groups in delivering the program.
- Ensuring that you only perform the tasks you are trained and have been deemed competent to perform.
- Ensure that all equipment and areas used by the team are maintained in a safe and organised manner.
- Responsible for your own safety and including the safety of fellow workers and have involvements in the team's safety and quality requirements and working to meet or exceed results.
- Add value to and assist in creating a positive working environment.
- Undertake Training in accordance with role as deemed necessary.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Certificate 3 trade Qualification.
- Welding in GTAW, FCAW,& GMAW
- Isometric drawing knowledge
- Pipe fabrication/installation
- Experience with Non-ferrous metals fabrication
- Strong safety focus and enhancing the site safety environment.
- Strong time keeping abilities.
- Excellent communication, influencing and skills.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Peter Smith Talent Engagement Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits