Aircraft Mechanical Systems Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Oct-2023|
- Apply your talent to support Hawk Mk127 Aircraft
- Utilise your Mechanical Systems experience
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Join the team at Williamtown NSW near the coastal city of Newcastle
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years. We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
We currently have a unique opportunity as an Aircraft Mechanical Systems Engineer within the Aerospace business based in Williamtown NSW. This role will be supporting Hawk Mk127 Lead-In Fighter aircraft, utilising your Mechanical Systems experience to support continuing airworthiness and design projects.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Working in a team of professional engineers, the Aircraft Mechanical Systems Engineer will provide technical guidance across a number of general aircraft flight systems including flying controls, hydraulics, landing gear, environmental control, ejection and propulsion. The support team is a fundamental service of BAE Systems to the RAAF as part of the in-service support contract of the Hawk 127 Lead In Fighter trainer aircraft.
On a daily basis, you will be provided with an opportunity to work with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including but not limited to interaction with the maintenance workforce, aircrew and Tactical Fighter Systems Program Office (TFSPO) staff.
The position involves the exercise of engineering judgment within broad and often undefined parameters in the overall interests of the project, to be conducted in accordance with Defence Aviation Safety Regulations and to meet the agreed operational needs of the customer. The role covers, DASR Part M, Part 21J and Military Type Certificate Holder activities.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Conduct technical investigation of problems emanating from the maintenance, logistics, or operating environment, with on-site aircraft and equipment test facilities available to assist in this process
- Develop, review and approve changes to the aircraft design to address defects or introduce new capability and provide support to the broader engineering team in delivering engineering solutions including system integration, upgrades, modifications, substitutions, repairs and design content associated with modification documentation and publications, relating to aircraft mechanical and flight systems within a delegated level of engineering authority
- Liaise with the RAAF, operators, maintenance personnel, airworthiness authorities, OEM's both in Australia and abroad as appropriate to ensure design integrity
- Conduct technical information reviews to determine applicability, defining any necessary action and embodiment implementation
- Ensure that the applicable aircraft and aircraft equipment remain technically acceptable to the Customer, by ensuring design standards are not compromised, that the equipment continues to conform to the authorised basis of certification and specifications of design requirements are authorised within such standards
- Provide professional development, mentoring and guidance to staff within the engineering team
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- Aviation engineering background with particular knowledge of Mechanical and Flight Systems such as landing gear, hydraulics, propulsion systems, flight controls, environmental conditioning systems, oxygen generation and life support systems
- Previous military aircraft experience is highly regarded but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
- Aviation System Safety and Risk Analysis experience would be well regarded
Applicants must be current Australian Citizens to apply for this position and ideally hold a Baseline security clearance or have the ability to obtain this clearance. Please note: you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for a security clearance. In addition to this, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, candidate nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don't meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://au.work180.co/employer/bae-systems/benefits. To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au. We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would like to hear from you.
Please ensure you submit an updated copy of your resume and provide any supporting documentation i.e. relevant qualification(s) and training, to your application. We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant, however due to high volumes of recruitment at the moment, please allow time for us to respond to your application.