Technical Writer : Several Positions | NSW-Garden Island
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Oct-2023|
- Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Applications are encouraged from talented individuals with variety of technical backgrounds to join a global and innovative company
- 9 day fortnight, hybrid working environment, ongoing career development and long term program with job security
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have new opportunities as a Technical Writer within our Maritime Sustainment business based in based in either Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney or other interstate locations. You will have the flexibility to have a hybrid working environment, and the ability to have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
What these opportunities will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
An opportunity now exists for two committed individuals with a technical/maintenance background to make a valuable contribution as Technical Writers within our growing Maritime business. Reporting to the Support Engineering Lead, you will have the chance to provide a meaningful contribution on the newest ship platform, the Hobart Class DDG naval ships and will be employed on a permanent full time basis. As an enterprise we embrace common working behaviours which include respect, openness, teamwork and professionalism.
These opportunities will see you:
- Perform technical writing activities including defect rectification technical writing
- Write technical maintenance work instructions
- Develop technical documentation and ensure products meet program, safety and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture
- Utilise technical writing tools effectively to undertake documentation development and verification
- Provide advice to the program on the delivery of technical writing tasks
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve technical writing practices
As an applicant for these opportunities, the foundational skills we would like to see you have is:
- Technical experience in a maintenance/engineering/production environment with an understanding of engineering/technical diagrams
- An understanding of maintenance defect and corrective rectification
- The ability to interpret technical documentation and data, and familiarity of Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivation, a willingness to learn and the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
As an applicant for these opportunities, the desirable but not essential skills we would like to see you have is:
- Maritime industry experience
- Technical writing experience and an understanding of technical writing principles
We welcome applications from individuals whom have technical experience from variety of technical backgrounds/environments that meet the foundational skill sets and we will provide training to in order for you to perform the role.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.