Support Engineering/Maintenance Analysts : Several Positions | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Oct-2023|
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- Interesting work on the newest ship platform - Applications encouraged from talented individuals with variety of technical backgrounds
- 9 day fortnight, hybrid working environment, ongoing career development and long term program with job security
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have several exciting opportunities as Support Engineering/Maintenance Analysts within our Maritime Sustainment business based in either Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney or other interstate locations. You will have the flexibility to have a hybrid working environment, and the ability to have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
What these opportunities will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
We believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. We currently have several Support Engineering/Maintenance Analysts positions available for talented individuals to partner with our Maritime business.
Applications are now sought from committed individuals with various technical backgrounds to demonstrate their technical skills to derive and analyse logistics support engineering data, provide recommendations and ensure the effective operation and sustainment of the equipment and systems fitted to the newest ship platform, the Hobart Class DDG naval ships. You will be part of a strong team culture, have good work/life balance and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis. As an enterprise we embrace common working behaviours which include respect, openness, teamwork and professionalism.
After suitable training and working with our team members, these opportunities will see you:
- Undertake supportability engineering/maintenance analyses and develop support engineering packages for engineering change requests and asset management activities
- Conduct investigations/studies and analyse source data collected for fitted equipment/systems to determine the operating, maintenance, engineering, training and support requirements for its life cycle
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and ensure logistics supportability engineering analysis best practice, sound advice and analysis is provided
- Draw conclusions and propose recommendations to improve equipment/system supportability engineering analysis outcomes and life cycle costs
- Provide input into the development of the supportability engineering analysis reports through the provision of data and assumptions extracted
- Perform Failure Modes Effect Analysis and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) analysis and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Prepare and write engineering maintenance documentation
As an applicant for these opportunities, the foundational skills we would like to see you have is:
- Technical or analytical experience in an engineering/production/technical science environment where you can draw on your technical experience/knowledge
- Sound computer skills, the ability to analyse technical data and provide sound recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships
- Critical thinking skills, self-motivation and a willingness to learn
As an applicant for these opportunities, the desirable but not essential skills we would like to see you have is:
- Support engineering/maintenance analysis experience, or Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) engineering experience
- Maritime industry experience or an understanding of systems engineering principles
We welcome applications from individuals whom have technical experience from variety of technical backgrounds/environments that meet the foundational skill sets and we will provide training to in order for you to perform the role.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: email@example.com
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.