Senior Commercial Advisor | NSW-Home
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Commercial Advisor to join our Defence Delivery line of business working on our US Contracting Project. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager who is responsible for developing and implementing the required compliance and capability for contracting into the US Government.
This role can be based out of our Williamtown NSW, Edinburgh Parks SA or Richmond Vic offices.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
You will be responsible for supporting our Commercial Function working on this high profile multi-functional project by providing support with identifying and implementing solutions to support the needs of the Project team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify areas of improvement between existing business practices and US Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) requirements, and develop and implement appropriate solutions with applicable project or cross-functional personnel
- Provide support and advice to our US projects and their commercial teams, including development of compliant bids and proposals, commercial strategies for successful negotiation outcomes, terms and conditions applicability and business impact assessment, and commercial obligations
- Manage and maintain corporate information in customer databases
- Support US Government audits and corporate reporting activities
- Facilitate and enable cross-project and cross-functional knowledge sharing under US FAR/DFARS
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organisation skills, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Able to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision and guidance and using their own experience, judgement and initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, including the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and from a range of disciplines
- An understanding and knowledge of commercial skills and the commercial role
- A capability to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with Customers and Stakeholders
- An ability to utilise networks and relationships to support achievement of project and business goals
- A curious mindset and problem-solving attitude
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
- Currently hold or be eligible for an Australian Department of Defence Baseline security clearance
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspective this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.