Electrical Engineer : Multiple Positions | Location - Flexible
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have several new opportunities as Electrical Engineers within our Maritime Sustainment business, working on the newest ship platform, the Hobart Class DDG naval ships.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be employed on a permanent full time basis, and situated in either Garden Island (Potts Point), Sydney or other interstate locations.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, including working a 9-day fortnight and a hybrid working environment.
You will be responsible for designing and developing electrical systems and equipment from requirements development through to testing and integration following the systems engineering lifecycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice to the engineering team on the delivery of electrical engineering tasksApply your electrical engineering skills to design and develop solutions, resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations
- Collaborate effectively with customers, subcontractors and internal stakeholders, maintaining a positive culture within the DDG ship enterprise
- Attend and inspect the ship platforms, supporting the assembly, integration, and testing of the electrical systems and equipment
- Conduct electrical product risk and safety assessments and develop solutions to electrical problems
- Create and update electrical engineering documentation and artefacts
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge to continuously improve electrical engineering practices
- Electrical engineering experience and completed a relevant tertiary engineering degree
- An understanding of systems engineering methodology and experience with various engineering technologies
- Critical thinking skills, self-motivation and a willingness to learn
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively and build good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
We also welcome applications from Electrical Engineers from a variety of industries and not limited to the Maritime industry.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.