Assistant Security Officer | SA-DSTG
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that matters
Enjoy what you do
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Security Officer to join our team based at our Edinburgh Parks Office, Adelaide. We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and/or hybrid working.
You will be responsible for:
As the Assistant Security Officer, you will be responsible for providing Defence Security advice, education and support to all Business Operations within BAE Systems Australia in accordance with Company Security policies, procedures and guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the implementation of security measures for the protection of defence security classified information and sensitive commercial information under the control of BAE Systems Australia.
- Manage an efficient, effective and timely security service to our customers, internal and external.
- Support in liaising with Defence Security Authorities in all States and with BAE Systems Australia.Ensure employees and contractors are security compliant with appropriate security clearances.
- Assist with maintaining site and business security compliance.
- Respond to and maintain records of security incidents, and escalate where needed.
- Assist with writing and implementing security procedures, work Instructions relating to site security in accordance with the DSPF and BAE Systems UK Corporate Security.
- Triaging of calls within the Security Service Desk is an integral part of this role.
- Processing of site passes.
- Support additional functional tasks as required.
- Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 2 Defence Security Clearance (essential).
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations (essential).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A very high attention to detail, excellent time management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines and to work under pressure under a busy team environment.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience in all Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.