Mechanical Engineer - Auxiliary System | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer – Auxiliary Systems to join our Hunter Class Frigate Line of Business reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and/ or hybrid working. We are also able to offer part-time flexibility for this role.
You will be responsible for the design and development of Mechanical Auxiliary and Fluid Systems and equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing simple Mechanical Auxiliary system equipment fluid and piping designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in design reviews
- Taking part in typical functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment solutions
- Developing optimised Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Supporting the translation of the Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment design into a manufacturable solution and incorporate changes as required
- Undertaking the integration and validation of the Mechanical Auxiliary system and/or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Supporting Mechanical Auxiliary systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements.
- Supporting the procurement of Auxiliary equipment.
- An engineering degree is expected but relevant engineering trade/technician background will also be considered
- Mechanical Engineering experience with structural and fabrication products
- Ideally experience in a maritime/ marine environment
- Exposure to piping and or fluid systems design and integration
- Strong Stakeholder engagement experience
- Strong communication skills
- NV1 clearance or eligibility required
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance may be required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.