Electronics/Communications Technician | QLD-Longreach
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting FIFO opportunity for an Electronics / Communications Technician to join our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based at Longreach, QLD, reporting to the Site Maintenance Lead.
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border.
As part of our Fly-in Fly-out team you will fly to the site from Brisbane airport and work in shifts of 15 days on (including 2 travel days) and 13 days off. During your 15 days on you will be provided with accommodation, meals and travel.
As a technician on the JORN project, you will work within a technical team operating and maintaining technical equipment on a continuing shift rotation, supporting new and existing equipment in a Defence operational environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible to the Site Maintenance Lead for the ongoing support and performance of all equipment at site
- Carry out technical support for the radar and associated systems in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Management Plan and other subordinate documents
- Perform planned maintenance and operational level activities
- Carry out rectification of deficiencies and defects within the site systems
- Complete all fault reporting requirements
- Analyse alarm information and systems data to diagnose performance and fault events
- Use test equipment to carry out diagnostic and performance testing. Perform any other duties as directed by the Site Leads
- Technician qualification and demonstrated experience in RF systems with desirable experience in two or more other disciplines such as – computer (Linux, UNIX, Windows), analogue, control, digital control systems
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and maintain effective relationships across all levels
- Experience using a Computer Maintenance Management System or the ability to quickly learn the use of such a system for fault recording and fault data analysis
- Computer literacy skills with the ability to analyse and interpret complex data or maintenance information
- Good communication skills and proven ability in technical writing skills
- Adaptability to a changing environment with good change management skills
- Good problem skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with competing priorities
- Demonstrated and clear understanding of WHS responsibilities and requirements
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.