Oracle Database Administrator (Defence Cleared) | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced DBA to join our JORN team based at Edinburgh, SA, reporting to the team lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as a 9-day fortnight and hybrid work.
In your new role as part of the Applications Team, the Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for day to day management of all databases, across all networks, used on JORN. The position will also participate with establishing and maintaining policies in line with the requirements of the project.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administering and supporting all databases used on the JORN project
- Completing technical investigations on problem reports and change notices
- Monitoring database performance and carrying out regular database maintenance activities
- Making recommendations relating to database design, operation and security
- Installing, configuring and setup of new databases and related software applications
- Working using the Agile/Scrum methodology in accordance with required priorities and agreed schedules
- Complying with engineering processes and procedures imposed by the relevant management plans
- Maintaining your knowledge, skills and DBA certifications up to date
- Effectively managing stakeholders across other ICT teams, other parts of the project and our customer community
- Relevant Oracle certifications and ideally have a degree in IT or related discipline
- Strong experience in the administration of Oracle
- Previous experience in aspects of database management including: design, configuration, installation, security, backup, recovery, patching and upgrade
- Demonstrated experience in database performance monitoring and tuning
- Substantial experience with Oracle APEX
- Experience in change management and configuration control
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and environments
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework
- Hold a current NV1 or NV2 defence security clearance
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server desirable but not essential
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant.
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.