End User Compute (EUC) Windows Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Bring your Windows EUC expertise to this key role
Technically engaging work on a critical Australian Defence radar system
Work/life balance, 9 day fortnight, study leave, career development
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a new opportunity for a EUC Windows Systems Engineer to join our JORN ICT group based at Edinburgh Parks, reporting to the EUC Team Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight.
As an End User Compute (EUC) Windows Systems Engineer within JORN ICT, you will perform Windows development and administration of JORN project Windows End User Computer systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and Level 3 support. The EUC team will also deliver as part of the Acquisition program a new Windows Desktop SOE and contribute to delivering new ICT Infrastructure, engineering applications and various automation and monitoring tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and implement a new Windows desktop SOE
- Maintain and manage the legacy Windows desktop SOE until we have migrated JORN to the new Windows desktop SOE
- Develop and implement technical solutions for Windows desktop defects and enhancements
- Participate in fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and timely resolution of systems issues in relation to Windows desktops
- Produce relevant artefacts associated with changes to the system
- Maintain, patch and develop updates and enhancements to Windows desktop SOEs
- Strong and relevant industry experience in designing, developing and implementing Windows based solutions
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, planning and implementing upgrades and patches
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technology groups: SCCM maintenance, desktop SOE management, applications packaging and deployments
- Experience in effective configuration and change management control of Windows desktop systems and environments
- Administration and infrastructure deployment in large multi-site environments
- A strong team focus and good interpersonal skills
- Whilst not essential, experience in working with Agile and Scrum processes will be an advantage
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework
- A willingness to provide occasional out of hours support as required coupled with a can do attitude
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.