Systems Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a new opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our Red Ochre Autonomy and Sensors Business Unit based at Richmond, Victoria.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as hybrid working.
The ATS – MQ28 Ghost Bat - is an affordable uncrewed air vehicle developed in partnership with Boeing.
BAE systems as an investing partner in the program provides technical expertise in autonomy and complex systems integration providing both engineering, hardware and software artefacts throughout the development lifecycle.
As part of the ATS Systems Team and reporting to the ATS Systems lead, the successful applicant will support the implementation of BAE Systems Engineering practices across the engineering lifecycle, with a focus on Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodologies and toolsets
The applicant will provide systems engineering support across all aspects of the ATS Project to optimise, develop and document the BAE Systems led aspects of the ATS / MQ28 Ghost Bat uncrewed air vehicle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting Customer and stakeholder engagement to understand the desired use cases and required function and performance requirements to support these use cases
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Work within the BAE Systems product development principles and engineering processes to ensure all products and deliverables are of the highest quality, integrity and safety standards
- Perform configuration and change management on developed work products
- Maintaining product & personnel safety as a paramount consideration during all stages of system design & subsequent testing and operation
- Support/assist Team Leads in optimal achievement of scheduled work and risk identification
- The applicant shall possess a comprehensive understanding of systems engineering processes as applied to all aspects of the product lifecycle
- The applicant shall work competently in systems engineering toolsets (e.g. DOORs, JIRA, Windchill)
- Familiarity with MBSE and product development concepts and toolsets (eg CAMEO) is desirable
- Experience in Unmanned Systems development is desirable
- Knowledge of software development and certification concepts is desirable
- Applicant must be eligible to hold an Australian Government issued NV1 or higher security clearance
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings. We know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place where we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.