Aviation Electrical/ Platform Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an opportunity for an Aviation Electrical/Platform Engineer to join our Hunter Class Frigate program based in Adelaide or Melbourne, reporting to the Aviation Engineering Manager
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
As an Aviation Electrical/Platform Engineer you will support the design and integration of aviation equipment and systems primarily located on the ships flight deck, hangar and mission bay. Your position will cover all aspects of operational, functional and physical engineering including, ship/aircraft support equipment & systems, Power Systems, hangar maintenance facilities, helicopter handling systems, verification and validation and certification management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with producing and developing designs and integration solutions for ship aviation systems and equipment
- Support the development of safety and certification evidence to support key aviation and program technical processes and procedures
- Liaise with external agencies and suppliers to support delivery of BAE Systems surface ships outputs and wider project milestones within budget and to schedule constraints
- Support engineering changes to aviation services, supporting systems and co-ordination of inputs across design zones and the maturity process
- Assist with producing design and safety documentation and coordinate reports
- Support the Senior Aviation Engineer and the Engineering Manager with task planning and delivery.
- Degree or equivalent qualification/experience in Electrical or Electronics, Aerospace, Marine or Systems Engineering
- Have a working knowledge of CAD and 3D modelling packages
- Ability to propose and assist the development of robust design concepts
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under limited supervision with a pro-active approach
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.