Contracts Manager | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2023|
BAE SYSTEMS AUSTRALIA
OSBORNE, SA BASED
Referral Fee Value: $3,000
PURPOSE OF JOB
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Subcontracts Manager to work within our Hunter Class Frigates Program line of business. This position reports into our Supply Chain Manager – Production Subcontracts who is responsible for procurement of shipyard services and production subcontract activities.
- Lead the supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business.
- Lead supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements, subcontracts and purchase orders in accordance with set procedures and Delegations Of Authority (DOA).
- Lead the commercial subcontract meetings to facilitate agreement of contractual changes whilst adhering to all timeframes, SHE, quality, risk and budget delivery and attend operational subcontract meetings within an Integrated Project Team to provide advice on commercial matters for assigned contracts
- Conduct of all subcontract related matters including Subcontractor progress claims, payment valuations, warranties, notices, variations and contract amendments
- Monitor and report on subcontractor forecasts of cost and value including Preliminaries
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business
- Act as the interface with the line of business Commercial Manager to ensure alignment between the Head Contract with the customer and the subcontracts and the correct flow down and flow up of contract changes as required.
- Raise awareness of, and support the implementation of, leading procurement practices both within the team and across the business/project
- Strong commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract negotiation and contract management of production / trade subcontracts
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside their immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under their own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role
- The ability to form strong working relationships in a project environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- The ability to positively contribute to, and solve problems of a complex nature
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Project management experience or otherwise, excellent organisational skills
- Able to progress issues and resolve actions within a project team environment
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate level with Oracle or similar MRP based system.
- Eligibility to obtain security clearance
Please apply to Lisa Mitchell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Functions and Early Careers by close of business on the closing date listed on line here. Your application should include a resume and whilst not essential, a cover letter is preferred. Please do also advise your line manager of your intention to apply.
Please note that business impact will need to be considered and negotiated transition plans will be required for internal appointments.
Employees are also encouraged to refer others for this vacancy – refer to:Employee Referral Scheme
For further information on eligibility and instructions on how to use our online referral portal. Whilst referrals are encouraged for this vacancy, suitable internal applicants will always be given first preference and consideration.