Contracts Manager | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the worlds most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
We are currently on the hunt for the next Contract Management Professionals with experience in Contract Negotiations, Management of Productions and Trade Subcontracts.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Contracts Manager to work within our Hunter Class Frigates Program line of business. This position reports into our Supply Chain Manager – Production Subcontracts who is responsible for procurement of shipyard services and production subcontract activities.
This role is based out of our Osborne shipyard, South Australia.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business.
- Lead supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements, subcontracts and purchase orders in accordance with set procedures and Delegations of Authority (DOA).
- Lead the commercial subcontract meetings to facilitate agreement of contractual changes whilst adhering to all timeframes, SHE, quality, risk and budget delivery and attend operational subcontract meetings within an Integrated Project Team to provide advice on commercial matters for assigned contracts
- Conduct of all subcontract related matters including Subcontractor progress claims, payment valuations, warranties, notices, variations and contract amendments
- Monitor and report on subcontractor forecasts of cost and value including Preliminaries
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business
- Act as the interface with the line of business Commercial Manager to ensure alignment between the Head Contract with the customer and the subcontracts and the correct flow down and flow up of contract changes as required.
- Raise awareness of, and support the implementation of, leading procurement practices both within the team and across the business/project
- Strong commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract negotiation and contract management of production / trade subcontracts
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside their immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under their own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role
- The ability to form strong working relationships in a project environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- The ability to positively contribute to, and solve problems of a complex nature
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Project management experience or otherwise, excellent organisational skills
- Able to progress issues and resolve actions within a project team environment
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate level with Oracle or similar MRP based system.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.