Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the worlds most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Battlespace Integrated Solutions business working on High Frequency Surveillance projects, based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide. You will have the flexibility to have a hybrid working environment, and the ability to have a rostered day off work through a 9 day fortnight arrangement.
We are seeking to appoint savvy Systems Engineers to make a valuable contribution and partner with our Wide Area Surveillance business on our portfolio of High Frequency Surveillance projects. You will be an integral member of our engineering team which maintains and augments capabilities for an existing set of deployed radar systems. You will also provide significant input into the design and development of future radar capabilities for the export market. This rewarding role will report to the Systems Engineering Team Lead and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform systems engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Participate in the development and management of system requirements, models and documents
- Collaborate effectively with customers, subcontractors and internal stakeholders across geographically separate sites, whilst maintaining a positive culture
- Develop capability in Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the engineering systems and its components
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, component specifications and interface specifications
- Utilise your engineering domain and systems engineering knowledge and ensure the supporting and delivered products meets requirements and are fit for purpose
- Review engineering peers' work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Systems Engineering experience or experience in a relevant engineering discipline
- A current ‘NV1' level Australian Defence security clearance
- A tertiary engineering degree
- Knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Systems analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with employees and customers at all levels, and across geographically separate locations
- Drive, be self-sufficient and have a willingness to learn
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au