Pipe Fitters | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2024|
Recruiting now for roles starting from January 2024
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
NINE Day Fortnight
$44 - $50 per hour permanent waged with O/T .
Do you want to work in the most advanced shipyard in the world building the most complex Anti-Submarine Warfare Frigate? If so, we have multiple opportunities for Pipe Fitters within the Production Team based in Osborne, SA.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake Tasks and Duties as directed by Production Supervision and or Trades Trainer within bounds of current competence.
- Attend and complete relevant on‐the‐job training as required
- Properly maintain materials, tools and equipment.
- Strive to continuously improve teamwork, processes and effectiveness in the work area.
- Adhere to the BAE Maritime Australia policies and management practices.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Certificate 3 trade Qualification.
- Pipe bending, hand and machine bending
- Isometric drawing knowledge
- Pipe fabrication/installation
- Experience with Non-ferrous metals fabrication
- Strong safety focus and enhancing the site safety environment.
- Strong time keeping abilities.
- Excellent communication, influencing and skills.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every