Hardware Engineers | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible. Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the Opportunity
JORN is a state-of-the-art defence system, it provides wide-area surveillance and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and rescue operations.
Due to an exciting period of growth we are now seeking Hardware Engineers to work on JORN. These positions are responsible for providing mechanical engineering services that are accurate, safe, and to approved standards for the development or modification of mechanical equipment, systems, structures and/ or materials.
Mechanical Engineering services includes but is not limited to design, development, test and integration, productionisation, installing, qualification and managing the mechanical equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals.
Relocation will be considered for candidates willing to relocate to SA or VIC
- Apply a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of engineering and company approaches, techniques and governance
- Undertake mechanical system and/ or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Apply experience to design & develop solutions, resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations
- Resolve a range of engineering issues and problems, compile technical reports and accompanying presentations
- Provide, review and adhere to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements
- Translate the mechanical system and/ or equipment design into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required
- Undertake integration and validation of the mechanical system and/ or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Undertake functional design and/ or provide qualification and evidence for acceptance, fitness for purpose, regulatory and legislative requirements, and safety
- Define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test & commissioning, and provide assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation
- Support mechanical systems and/ or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Support the assembly, integration, test and shipping of the mechanical system and/ or equipment including its configuration management. Also includes identification and analysis of the mechanical system and/ or equipment failures and associated trends
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
- Provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic or Aeronautical Engineer
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role and within a defence domain (desirable)
- Effective communication skills and proven ability in technical report writing
- Experience in developing mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Experience in the following technologies, design analysis techniques, development tools: Power supplies, analogue design, high speed digital design, FPGA, RF engineering, avionics engineering, electronic CAD tools, simulation and modelling tools, EMIC solutions and compliance, electrical and mechanical manufacturability, and reliability and maintainability
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.