System Safety Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Dec-2023|
System Safety Engineer
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a System Safety Engineer to join our project based in either Melbourne or Adelaide, reporting to the Product Safety Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
Build and develop your skills to eventually be responsible for providing technical guidance in Product Safety to your project team, ensuring timely and accurate engineering support within budget constraints.
Support the delivery of system safety engineering solutions following established methodologies and standards. This includes conducting peer reviews of safety-related documentation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop safety plans and processes and gain stakeholder approval.
- Prepare investigations and assessments on equipment safety issues.
- Prepare internal and external reports on project system safety for reviews and Working Groups.
- Provide technical advice to engineering and support staff.
- Coordinate with other teams to develop and implement mitigation strategies.
- Author safety cases, supporting documents and maintain hazard logs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of safety engineering processes and concepts
- Demonstrated experience within the Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of overall systems development lifecycle
- Ability to manage and prioritise own activities to meet project schedules
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively without supervision
- Demonstrated good problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.