Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship | Location - Flexible
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
In partnership with ASC and Consunet, we at BAE Systems are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for recent year 12 graduates interested in pursuing a career in software engineering. We offer an opportunity rich environment with numerous projects across multiple domains. Giving you scope to explore some of the great projects we have.
It's a great place to start your career and a great time to join us.
About the Opportunity:
As a software engineering degree apprentice, you will be accountable for:
- Undertaking all assigned activities in accordance with project directives and standards. Proactively seeking advice from others when unsure of approach or technology
- Working effectively within your team
- Working within agreed project technical, cost and schedule constraints
- Comply with quality, health and safety and environmental systems within your host workplace.
As a degree apprentice, you'll enjoy:
- A structured five-year training program that aligns your university studies with relevant activities in your workplace
- Mentoring, supervision and support
- Interesting and inspiring work
In addition to completing your university qualification, you will be involved in activities such as:
- Design, implement, integrate, test and install software
- Assist in development of project infrastructure such as analytical tools and performance metrics
- Participate in technical reviews and project status updates
- Document design decisions and develop integration and verification procedures
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a positive outlook and enthusiasm to grow and develop as a software engineer
- Demonstrate initiative to problem solve and proactively engage in the tasks provided in the workplace and university
- Have an interest in programming, UX development or software design and architecture
- Have completed or be due to complete SA Certificate of Education in 2023 with anticipated ATAR score of 72 or higher
- Hold Australian citizenship and be able to provide a clear National Police Certificate
Submit your current resume and academic transcript, addressing the below five questions to tell us more about you via https://www.aigroupapprentices.com.au/job/software-engineering-degree-apprenticeship-554940/. Applications close Friday 8 December 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a one-day assessment event on 8 or 9 January 2024.
In lieu of a cover letter, please provide short answers to the following five screening questions:
- Tell us why you are applying for this program.
- Tell us about a time you had to make a quick choice using limited information. Please describe the situation, actions you took, and the results.
- Please describe a time you were asked to perform skills or meet requirements that were outside your comfort zone. Describe the situation, the steps you took, and the outcome.
- Tell us about a time when you did what was right, even though there were easier options. Please describe the situation, your actions and the outcome.
- Please describe a time you set challenging goals for yourself and what you did to achieve these goals. Describe the situation, your approach and the outcome
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive start to your career awaits.
Please apply via the https://www.aigroupapprentices.com.au/job/software-engineering-degree-apprenticeship-554940/ link and NOT by the "Apply for this Job" button.