Senior Hardware Engineers | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible. Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the Opportunity
JORN is a state-of-the-art defence system, it provides wide-area surveillance and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and rescue operations.
Due to an exciting period of growth we are now seeking Senior Hardware Engineers to work on JORN. This position is responsible for delivering the electronic engineering outputs of the assigned project(s) within the constraints of quality, cost and schedule.
In doing so, the Senior Hardware Engineer shall, either personally and/or by leading an engineering team, design or develop electronics systems in accordance with the approved company standard procedures and processes while meeting the agreed operational needs of the customer.
Relocation package offered to interstate candidates willing to relocate to SA or VIC
- Undertake design and development of electronic systems and equipment, interconnection and integration related to electronic systems, installing and managing electronic system(s) and equipment, reviewing electronic system designs, conducting risk assessments and providing engineering support
- Undertake electronic system/equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop electronic system and/or equipment to meet an established set of requirements
- Involvement in electronic systems and/or equipment design reviews
- Perform functional analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate electronic system and equipment solutions
- Develop optimised electronic system/equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of a number of candidate solutions
- Translate electronic system/equipment design into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required
- Implement integration and validation of the electronic system and/or equipment design including contributing to integration and validation plans and reports
- Support electronic systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Support assembly, integration, test and shipping of the electronic system and/or equipment including its configuration management.
- Identification and analysis of the electronic system and/or equipment failures and associated trends
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated Electronics/Hardware Engineering experience with Demonstrable experience in the practice of electronic engineering in the defence domain
- Demonstrable effective communication skills and proven ability in technical report writing
- Experience in being responsible for the development of electronic equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of electronics solutions, their integration, validation, qualification testing and delivery and support
- Experience in the following technologies, design analysis techniques, development tools: Power supplies, analogue design, high speed digital design, FPGA, RF engineering, avionics engineering, electronic CAD tools, simulation and modelling tools, EMIC solutions and compliance, electrical and mechanical manufacturability, and reliability and maintainability
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.