Mechanical Engineer - Production Engineering Support | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have great opportunities for Mechanical Engineers – Production Engineering Support to join our Hunter Class Frigate Program based at Osborne in SA, reporting to the Production Engineering Support Manager.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight
As an Engineer for Production Engineering Support you will be a primary point of contact responsible for providing engineering advice to enable production and trades within your domain.
We are currently looking for engineering professionals with experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Auxiliary Systems including piping and HVAC
- Shipboard outfitting, equipment and machinery
- Marine materials including coatings and welding
Key responsibilities include:
- Survey reported issues and perform technical investigations, root cause analysis and engineering assessments relevant to your domain
- Liaise with subject matter experts as required to gather input on affected systems and equipment to inform decision making
- Provide engineering analysis and recommendations to the Technical Authority to ensure the as-built product meets design intent
- Support the translation of system and equipment design intent into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required to enable production
- Provide a link in the communication process between Production and wider business in the provision of the issue management process
- We are welcoming applications from all levels of Mechanical Engineering for multiple opportunities.
- Degree or diploma qualified appropriate to the level of role sought; or
- Appropriate trades certificates (Mechanical, Electrical, Structural) plus production experience
- Senior roles will attain and exercise engineering authority of delegation within their respective domains and lead a small to medium size team of engineering professionals
- The ability to interpret CAD models, detailed design drawings and technical documents including requirements, fabrication or assembly drawings and Objective Quality Evidence.
- The ability to use agreed on standards and engineering first principles to resolve engineering problems and issues of a complex nature within domain of expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with excellent customer relations skills
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance may be required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.