Production Manager - Advanced Machining | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a new opportunity for a Production Manager to join our Manufacturing and Support team based at SA-Edinburgh Parks, reporting to the Manufacturing Operations Manager.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight.
As the Production Manager you will be responsible to play an active role on the Manufacturing Operations lead team in developing and delivering on business strategies. This role will see you work cross functionally with leads in project management, supply chain, planning, and stores to ensure workflow into production to support schedule.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage Production Supervisors across each operational production area within Manufacturing & Support (M&S)
- Responsible for all M&S manufacturing machining, fitting and mechanical assembly activities
- Support and lead aspects of continuous improvement and manufacturing maturity improvements
- Engage with Production planning, engineering and operations management in Make vs Buy decisions based on capacity and strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the Production team adhere to Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) requirements and foster/develop a strong SHE first culture
- Develop and implement the continued introduction of apprentices into the manufacturing business including training plans
- Degree level qualification in mechanical engineering or Trade qualification in fitting and Machining with extensive demonstrated experience working in a Machining or production manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership within a mid-large sized project
- Ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Demonstrated good communication skills with ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside the immediate team
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au