Software Engineer | VIC-Richmond
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our WPM Weapons and Manufacturing Business Unit based at Richmond reporting to the Software Team Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working arrangements.
Within our NULKA software team, you'll have an opportunity to work on areas such as mission-critical and safety-critical software development, UX design and development, and hands-on laboratory-based integration and testing, whilst utilising systems and software engineering best practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work effectively as part of a software engineering team, and provide technical leadership to more junior members of the team
- Interface with other teams on the project ensuring that the broader project team's needs are taken into account
- Undertake all assigned Software Engineering activities, including related documentation, in accordance with identified project directives and standards, and commensurate with the lifecycle stage of the project
- Provide regular status information to relevant supervisors, as required
- Provide input and offer recommendations for improvement of company processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of industry-standard programming languages such as C, C++ and Python.
- Hands on experience working in Linux or Windows software development environments
- Familiarity with object design, programming concepts and best practices, and computer hardware and architecture
- Willingness to actively participate in an Agile Scrum development environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.