Senior Configuration Controller | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Configuration & Data Management|
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Configuration Controller to join our project based at Edinburgh, reporting to the Configuration Management and Data Management Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing the Configuration Management practices and systems for the allocated project.
The core purpose of this role is to oversee and execute all aspects of Configuration Management, ensuring accuracy and compliance with project and company procedures across documentation, data deliverables, and system functionality.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the Configuration Management (CM) Staff in delivering services to the project.
- Ensuring proper capture, approval status, and integrity of product-related data and documentation in the CM system.
- Identifying and investigating CM problems and devising strategies for resolution, collaborating with other teams for solutions.
- Effectively communicating within the team to raise issues to senior staff and stakeholders.
- Being prepared for and satisfying audit schedules, including FCA, PCA, and Quality audits.
- Ensuring the integrity of the CM system, processes, tools, and data categorization.
- Ensuring classified information and Export Controlled Material under Configuration Control adhere to security and regulation requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly developed analytical skills and relevant expertise in large computer systems and databases
- Can lead, mentor, motivate and oversee the activities of team members and influence peripheral staff to meet goals, schedules and milestones
- Able to relate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels relevant to the relevant project CM objectives
- Exhibits professional integrity, an advanced level of technical knowledge, objectivity, acceptance of responsibility, maturity of judgement and common sense
- Self-motivated and works effectively, without supervision
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.