Design Lead - Combat System & Physical Integration | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Design Lead – Combat System & Physical Integration to join our Hunter Class program based at Osborne, South Australia, reporting to the Physical Integration Delivery Lead.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
You will be responsible for managing Combat Systems Stage 1 Design activities. You will be required to lead the team to collate and assess all physical design data as provided by the Reference Ship Design (RSD) and Product Change stakeholders, to assess data maturity for design development, and subsequently develop an effective physical design that meets the requirements of the CS engineering delivery teams and the platform domains in support of the HCF Zx program and associated Design Assurance needs.
The Design Lead and team will develop and maintain close relationships with the Stage 2 Design points of contacts and processes, particularly the 3D Detail Design and Cable Routing teams to ensure the transition of mature physical design data to support the detailed 3D model development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as the Combat System Liaison POC responsible for keeping each Design Discipline informed of Platform integration challenges and installation constraints
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise into Design Teams to facilitate the development of pragmatic solutions that balance schedule and cost whilst preserving requirements compliance
- Proactively identify credible risks and develop mitigations that treat them IAW the So Far As Is Reasonable Practicable (SFAIRP) principle
- Participate in Zone Reviews and deliver CS product / compartment / hotel service maturity assessments that allow successful passage through the gates IAW with the milestone dates specified in the Zonal Review Schedule
- Provide input as required to support the successful execution of SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR major review gates and commit to (i.e. own) assigned actions
- Communicate in and across Design Teams to avoid surprises, eliminate re-work and maintain technical requirements compliance (e.g. SWaP-C budgeting, informing TPM margin consumption)
- Participate in early design reviews to ensure each CS Product is supplied with all necessary pre-staging, installation, set-to-work, test & support data to support full integration
- Review CS product data and populate the iBOM and CMPIC with authoritative data IAW the Zone Review schedule
- Strong Stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a medium sized technical team
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain a NV-1 Clearance
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
- Possess an understanding of managing physical attributes of SWaP-C
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances. Applicants will also be required to be eligible to obtain ITAR clearance.