Mechanical Power and Propulsion (P&P) Engineer | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Position Type:||Permanent - Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2023|
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Power and Propulsion (P&P) Engineer to join our Maritime business based at Osborne, SA or Melbourne, VIC.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working. This position is also available on a Part-Time basis.
This role will see you act as a representative of the P&P domain at internal, customer and vendor sessions and you will be required to maintain close links with the UK Type 26 Project located in Glasgow.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify areas of the Reference Ship Design power and propulsion system design and installation that may be affected by the transfer of build and assist with the development of any resulting product changes for the Hunter Class
- Participate in the development of variations from the Power and Propulsion systems design, including the development of product changes and associated design outputs
- Develop design specifications under guidance and carry out design activities in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards
- Develop, maintain and modify engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements of the HCF Power and Propulsion system
- Support the delivery of the integrated Power and Propulsion system by undertaking activities such as peer-review of others' engineering deliverables
- Lead the liaison with customers and suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters
As an applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualifications in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechatronics
- Experience in power and propulsion, shaft lines, diesel generators preferred
- Knowledge in developing mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others, including designers/ draftspersons, production, suppliers, and other engineers
- The ability or obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.