Aircraft Maintenance Engineers: Multiple Positions - Structures, Mechanical, Avionics & Armament | NSW-RAAF Base Williamtown
|Permanent - Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
Location: RAAF Base Williamtown NSW
Program: Hawk Lead in Fighter & Joint Strike Fighter
Employment: Permanent Full Time
Vacancies: Structures, Mechanical, Avionics & Armament
About our COMPANY:
At BAE Systems Australia, we believe in doing work that MATTERS. We encourage our team to not only ENJOY what they do but also to GROW their careers and, most importantly, to be YOU. Join us in a thriving sector where every day presents exciting and meaningful challenges. As we celebrate our 70th Anniversary, we continue to push boundaries, producing world-class technology that makes the impossible possible.
With also a rich heritage in combat and fast jet trainer aircraft, BAE Systems Australia is a global leader in the development, manufacture, upgrade, and support of cutting-edge aerospace solutions. Operating across Australia and around the globe, we are dedicated to supporting the Australian Defence Force (ADF) at every stage of the air sector's life cycle – from design and development to production, training, support, and maintenance.
About the OPPORTUNITIES
We have multiple vacancies for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers to join Hawk Lead in Fighter and F35 programs within our Aerospace organisation based in Williamtown, NSW. If you have either recently completed your Certificate IV in Aeroskills – Avionics, Structures, Mechanical or Armament, or have experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer working on Military or Commercial Aircrafts - we want to talk with you.
- Be responsible to the Team Leader to carry out scheduled servicing and other unscheduled maintenance:
- Mechanical AMEs: Responsible for hydraulic, environmental, pneumatic and propulsion systems, related system components and propellers.
- Avionic AMEs: Maintain, inspect and undertake fault diagnosis of avionic systems and components on fixed and on rotary wing aircraft.
- Structures AME: Responsible for the production, maintenance and repair sheet metal, bonded and non-metallic composite material and components on the aircraft.
- Armament AMEs: Maintain the emergency escape system, egress systems and aircraft weapon systems, from the computers on board, to the stores and load the aircraft carries.
- Ensure maintenance and technical documentation or data used during maintenance is authorised for use and is compliant.
- Correctly and promptly record details of work performed on the correct documents, and if required, to gain certification of the performance of such work in the required timeframes
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering advice, defect reporting, maintenance deficiencies and publication amendments are incorporated as directed
- Report to the Team Leader all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability's as they arise
- Carry out maintenance only to the delegated and authorised level
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed
- Holds a Certificate IV in Aeroskills or recognised training (Mandatory).
- Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (Mandatory).
- Experience or a strong interest in working with Defence Military Aircraft.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver work within a fast-paced team environment.
Australian Citizenship is mandatory due to the need for a Defence security clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may affect candidate suitability based on nationality. Further information regarding security clearances.
Submit your latest resume, Certificate IV in Aeroskills (or equivalent), completed MEAs (units of competencies), and your Aircraft Maintenance Licence (if applicable).
- Join a workplace that genuinely cares about your wellbeing and safetyEmbrace diversity, belonging, and inclusivity for a workplace where everyone can be their best.
- Explore infinite career possibilities with Australia's largest defence company.
- We encourage applications from all backgrounds and proudly support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au