Avionics Aircraft Maintenance Engineers - Several Positions | WA-LIF Pearce
|Permanent - Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITIES
We have an exciting opportunity with multiple vacancies for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers - Avionics to join our Aerospace Program based at RAAF Base Pearce, WA, reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Be responsible to the Shift Team Leader to carry out tasks as directed, including scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensure that all maintenance and technical documentation and source data used during maintenance is authorised for use and complies with the requirements of the Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE), BAE Systems procedures and Defence Aviation Safety Authority regulatory system (DASA).
- Accurately interpret record details of work performed on appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation for engineering advice, defect reporting, maintenance deficiencies and publication amendments are incorporated as directed.
- Report all defects, deficiencies, maintenance errors and unserviceability's as they arise to the Team Leader.
- Carry out maintenance only to the delegated and authorised level.
- Initiate quality, non-conformance or defect reporting relating to maintenance tasks as directed.
- Ensure workshop equipment is maintained and operated in the correct manner in accordance with authorised technical data.
- Ensure hangar and/or Workshop duties are performed as required by local business operating manuals, procedures and policies.
- Will need to be prepared to support flight operations in deployed areas.
- A Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Avionics)
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a workshop or hangar environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline”
- An understanding Defence Aviation Safety Authority (DASA) regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within a dynamic and strong team environment
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
Australian Citizenship is mandatory due to the need for a Defence security clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may affect candidate suitability based on nationality. Further information regarding security clearances.
Submit your latest resume, Certificate IV in Aeroskills - Avionics (or equivalent), completed MEAs (units of competencies), and your Aircraft Maintenance Licence (if applicable).
- Join a workplace that genuinely cares about your wellbeing and safety Embrace diversity, belonging, and inclusivity for a workplace where everyone can be their best.
- Explore infinite career possibilities with Australia's largest defence company.
- We encourage applications from all backgrounds and proudly support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au